Everybody that knows me knows that I love my dog as much as a child. He is a spoiled rotten dog, he is an indoor dog, doesn't have short hair so he sheds like no other, therefor I've been debating on whether or not I should have him shaved. He is a black lab mix, so it has been an ongoing decision to do it or not, I haven't seen many labs shaved so I didn't dare, ( he's such a handsome little dog ) but I finally did it. Crazy that I waited until fall to do it, but I did and I think it makes him look older and dirty but others have said he looks good. I think he feels much better without it except for when he goes out and it's cold. The morning after I had it done I was getting ready for work and I couldn't see him in his normal spots around the house, then I walked upstairs and he was curled up in the corner of the couch, ( I think he was freezing ) so I felt pretty bad about it. He seems to enjoy it and hopefully there won't be as many long black hairs all over EVERYTHING. The lady that shaved him said that black dogs are usually grey underneath and they are, he looks like he is older than Jersey that is 9 years old, ( poor guy ). I still think he's handsome and love him to pieces. And I don't think I have ever said that he's just like my child. :)
This is him before:

This is him after, not the best picture I used my phone to take it:
Sad huh, he's not near as handsome.
No comments:
Post a Comment