Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Currant Creek June 25-28 2010

Eric and I decided to go camping, and made it a 4 day weekend. It was the 2 of us and our 2 dogs. We started out, it is supposed to be a 2 hour drive turned out to be a 4 hour drive. It's a good thing we weren't in a hurry to get there. LOL. We got up there and got everything set up, then we took the dogs to play in the water, they loved it. Went back sat by the fire, ate dinner, had a few drinks, and went to bed, it got chilly up there at night.


Got up Saturday morning, had breakfast, cleaned up, went down to go float tube fishing, something I've never done. We got down there and couldn't get the pump to work, yes we are 2 blonde's, Jodi and Rusty pulled up as we were trying and of course Rusty came to the rescue and figured the pump out, Eric was so relieved. We went out on the the tubes and Jodi and Rusty fished from the bank, we caught 3 fish while we were out, it was so much fun on the tubes, I had no idea I would enjoy it that much.

Went back to camp and started dinner, (dutch oven roast) first time for me to do a dutch oven, Rusty got the charcoals going and we got it started, we went wood hunting, came back and added more beer to the roast. Flew a kite while we were waiting, 4 adults without any kids out there flying a kite, quite funny. The roast got done and turned out really good. We sat by the fire and had a few drinks then went to bed. They left early Sunday morning. We got going after they left and took the dogs down to the water again. Ziggy dug a rock up out of the water and I threw it back in for him to dive for it, he couldn't find it and you would've thought I was killing him, he cried and whined for about a half hour trying to get that rock, I was in tears laughing so hard. Caught one fish from the shore as I was bringing it in Jersey saw it and got it off the line for us and trotted around with it as if it was a trophy. Who needs kids when you have dogs? LOL. Got back to camp and Jersey found a hole with a squirrel in it and got it, it was his new chew toy for the day, you couldn't get it from him.


Eric and I enjoyed the time we had up there, it was nice to relax and get to know more of each other outside of the every day hustle and bustle. Can't wait to do more of that with him.


The view going to the water from camp.

Ziggy after playing hard in the water.

Me and my amazing man.

Jersey just wading in the water.



Eric fishing.

Ziggy looking for his rock.

Rusty by the camp fire.

Jodi being the smart a$# that she is.

The tired boys on the ride home, stuck their noses in to say hi.

My exhausted boy.

Bandana Joe on the ride home.

Jersey with his catch of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment