I've always wanted to go to Hawaii but always thought it was one of those dreams that I would always have. Well my friend Shelly at work has a time share and found really cheap air fare and she made that dream come true.
This year is off to a wonderful start for me, I went on a dream vacation with my dream man, how did I finally get so lucky? I'm not sure but I won't change that.
We flew in to Las Vegas on Friday January 28Th. Our flight didn't land until almost 10 that night, Shelly, and Bill drove down on Thursday so they picked us up from the airport. We went to Fremont St. I've only been through Vegas since I've been legal to gamble, so I haven't seen much of it. It was really cool in there, we went to a casino that Shelly claimed had the best margaritas and they let her down, they were so good. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to bed at 1 am we had to be up at 6:30 to be to the airport at 7:30 to check in and catch our flight, we were so tired.
We made it on time and the flight seemed so long, I think because I was so excited the time was dragging. We got to Honolulu and took a cab to grab some dinner and kill some time between getting there and getting on the puddle jumper to go to Kauai. We were going to check out Waikiki but it was the weekend of the Pro Bowl and we decided we probably wouldn't get to see much so he took to us to Ahuimanu, we were going to eat and see the beach there but we only had time to eat and we had to get back to the airport. We flew out around 5:30 to Kauai. It's only a half hour flight. Shelly got her rental car finally and drove us to the condo in Princeville, it was dark so we couldn't see much on the way there, we actually passed it and went to Hana lei, we almost went to the end of the road so we had to stop and ask for directions. We got unloaded and pretty much passed out.
Sunday morning we got up and went to the orientation, they gave us a lot of information about the activities around the island and what we ones we could get better deals on. We didn't book anything we wanted to talk about it and see what sounded the funnest. It rained while we were there and that was the only rain we got for the week we were there, ( I know we're very lucky, we had planned on rain every day) so as far as the weather it was beautiful. We went grocery shopping and checked out Hana lei bay and different things there that day. It was relaxing.
This year is off to a wonderful start for me, I went on a dream vacation with my dream man, how did I finally get so lucky? I'm not sure but I won't change that.
We flew in to Las Vegas on Friday January 28Th. Our flight didn't land until almost 10 that night, Shelly, and Bill drove down on Thursday so they picked us up from the airport. We went to Fremont St. I've only been through Vegas since I've been legal to gamble, so I haven't seen much of it. It was really cool in there, we went to a casino that Shelly claimed had the best margaritas and they let her down, they were so good. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to bed at 1 am we had to be up at 6:30 to be to the airport at 7:30 to check in and catch our flight, we were so tired.
We made it on time and the flight seemed so long, I think because I was so excited the time was dragging. We got to Honolulu and took a cab to grab some dinner and kill some time between getting there and getting on the puddle jumper to go to Kauai. We were going to check out Waikiki but it was the weekend of the Pro Bowl and we decided we probably wouldn't get to see much so he took to us to Ahuimanu, we were going to eat and see the beach there but we only had time to eat and we had to get back to the airport. We flew out around 5:30 to Kauai. It's only a half hour flight. Shelly got her rental car finally and drove us to the condo in Princeville, it was dark so we couldn't see much on the way there, we actually passed it and went to Hana lei, we almost went to the end of the road so we had to stop and ask for directions. We got unloaded and pretty much passed out.
Sunday morning we got up and went to the orientation, they gave us a lot of information about the activities around the island and what we ones we could get better deals on. We didn't book anything we wanted to talk about it and see what sounded the funnest. It rained while we were there and that was the only rain we got for the week we were there, ( I know we're very lucky, we had planned on rain every day) so as far as the weather it was beautiful. We went grocery shopping and checked out Hana lei bay and different things there that day. It was relaxing.
I'm getting to let the pictures tell the rest of the story, I'm going to try to do it in order. The bad thing about that is that we both had our cameras and took pictures so there might be some back tracking a little. Sorry.
Bill on the shuttle.
Shelly
Me
I tried to add more and my computer froze up and none of it was saved so the rest of the pictures are in collages.
This was on our sunset cruise that takes you over to the Nepali Coast, you can only get here by air, water, or hiking into it, there are no roads over there, it's beautiful.

This was my birthday, Eric and I went and sat in the hot tub and relaxed for a minute. Then I wanted to try the zip lines, there were 9 of them, they were a blast. Then we went and saw the lighthouse, it was really neat. On our way back we stopped on Anini beach and watched the sunset, what can I say Eric is a romantic man. :)
This was our last day, it was so sad to leave. Our puddle jumper from Kauai to Oahu left a little earlier than Shelly and Bill's did so we ran to Pearl Harbor, we didn't get a chance to see much but what we did see was very interesting. One of the pictures in here is a menu board at Burger King that had SPAM on it so Eric had to have a picture of it, he loves but couldn't eat any with his headaches. It was the best experience I've ever had.





Looks like you had a wonderful time, Awesome! Such a beautiful place...and warm! Haha! Glad you had fun, you so deserve it!
ReplyDelete