Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eric's birthday

Eric's birthday is on December 18th.
He took the day before off, we had talked about riding out to Wendover, he had a few days of vacation to burn. But a few days before this we booked a trip to Hawaii so we decided we better not go to Wendover.
We got up, made breakfast, went shopping, we went to lunch and had a great meal at Market Street Grill, afterwards we stopped at A Bar Named Sue and played pool and darts, had a few drinks.
On the way home we looked at the Christmas lights all over in Salt Lake, there are some creative people out there, Eric had heard of a place that was connected to a radio station, (yes I know they are everywhere and they're not anything new) we found this certain one and it was amazing all the work the guy had done.
So needless to say we had a great day together.
Saturday morning we got up and I attempted to make chicken fried steak, I won't do that again,it didn't turn out to bad but not as good as at restaurants (I learned that Sam's sells them frozen with gravy packets), I had asked him what his favorite breakfast was and that was it so I tried to do good, but it didn't happen, he of course told me how great it was, (he doesn't realize that I know better).
His daughter invited us to go to a Grizzly hockey game that night, that's why we spent the day before together and having fun.
His son and daughter came over for some cake before we left for the game, I think that made him feel good that they both came to celebrate his birthday. His daughter took us to his favorite ice cream place before we made it to the game, they have really good ice cream, the name of the place is Leatherby's and the best thing to get is the Golden Nugget, (so so yummy)and we went to the game.
I had called the Maverick center to see if they would post Happy Birthday to Eric on the big screen during the game and they said they would, of course it was half time(whatever it's called in hockey) and he had to go to the bathroom and they did it while we were gone, when I told him he was embarrassed just hearing about it so he was glad we missed that. I got him a chain saw for his birthday, he's been wanting one for a long time. I think overall he had a great birthday.


Crazy mad man. Never a dull moment around here.

Look out, looks like this could be scary, thank goodness it's a small one.

I think he's pretty happy with his gift.

This really had nothing to do with his birthday it was just taken the morning of, I had to catch that nice fashion statement he's making!

No comments:

Post a Comment